Thursday, September 2, 2010

TINS is here!

TINS Is Not Speedhack. But it's exactly the same thing. Seventy-two hours to code a game. One weekend. Rules to build your game around are released on Friday, to prevent cheating, and you have until Monday to finish.

I've got a busy weekend coming up. Class on Friday, and then going to a friends for advice on spells for my wizard. D&D Saturday, where I will use said wizard. Sunday I have church from waking until noon, and then again from five to seven when I volunteer. So basically, Friday evening and Saturday morning are the times I have to work (I'll be too distracted during my free time on Sunday, it's traditionally "Hang out with friends" time). And, because it's labor day weekend, I can stay up as late as I want on Sunday to finish things up. But if I'm doing anything other than polishing up by that point, then I'm doing it wrong. Sunday night will be the finalization of whatever I have at that point, which may not be much.

I have a bad record with these sort of competitions. I often end up doing nothing and feeling bad about it later. Perhaps this time will be different, but perhaps not. Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment