Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Back to Work

I returned to work this week after two weeks of boring freedom. What is my job? I fight a daily battle against insanity while young children try to drag me into defeat. Also, I don't get paid.

I'm supposed to get paid, but a number of issues have delayed getting my name on the payroll. By the time they get me on there I'll have a backlog of several paychecks which, I imagine, will come all at once. So, like, a few hundred dollars all at once. Which will be nice. And in the meantime, I eat one meal a day. Except on days like today when a coworker forces me to accept a free lunch, which makes it really hard to continue believing that there is no such thing as a free lunch.

We took the kids swimming today. Swimming is an exhausting workout. Maybe it's just because I'm generally lazy and slothful, but it's a strain to do one lap in the pool. Luckily the kids love it, so there isn't as much running around chasing after them as there can be at other times in the day. But there is more having chlorine water splashed in your face right after you've just wiped it out of your eyes.

Still, I love my job. Not as much as I would love a job in my field of study (computer science), but it's a great job and once the payroll wrinkles are smoothed over I won't have any complaints.

Also, I jumped off of a diving board for the first time in my life today. I'll make a crazy daredevil of me yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment