Monday, December 27, 2010

Novel time

I am going to write a novel. And I am going to chronicle my progress here on this blog. Why? Because I think keeping a public record of my progress will motivate me to actually make some progress. My friends can all laugh at me when I fail to keep going. Friends are useful like that.

I've completed NaNoWriMo a couple of times, and I had one hundred pages of a rough draft that I started back when I first began writing (which is lost now, sadly). So it's not like I haven't written in this quantity before. The difference, here, is going to be my concern for quality. So I expect it to go much slower than NaNo.

The first step: planning. I've already picked which story I want to work on, and it's one I've done a bit of planning on already. And since I don't usually plan much anyway, the planning stage shouldn't take too long. After that, the writing, which I expect to take several months at least. Once I have a rough draft, the editing.

I'll probably be doing other writing in the meantime. I'm planning on doing Milwordy again this year (write a million words in one year), this time with a hope of completing it. But I have a lot of free time that I don't utilize properly, so I think I can manage.

I'll try to update frequently. If I don't, nag me.

The project begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment