Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Novel Update #1

I said in my last blog that I had decided what story to work on. Well, I was wrong. I vacillated for a while, bouncing back and forth between three different story ideas that I really want to work on. But I finally settled myself to work on the one I had originally decided to work on, because shut up and do it, Neil!

I have a tendency to start a project and then shoot off at the first shiny distraction that comes along. I've found that having clear goals and something of a reward can help keep me on track. My goals are already clear. Write a novel, and focus on quality more than quantity. Now a need a reward.

When I finish this novel, I'm going to buy a computer. Not just any computer, oh no. It will be the first computer I will acquire for the cluster computer I've been wanting to build for years.

Why do I want to build my own cluster computer, you ask? Because it would be totally awesome. What more could a computer science major wish for?

2 comments: