Monday, November 22, 2010

Minor victory

I totally won the word war I mentioned in my previous blog. I'm eagerly awaiting my prize of unspecified chocolate, which may have to wait until after Thanksgiving Break, because she's really busy.

In other news, I probably won't be writing any more until Thanksgiving Break. Lots of assignments have come up, and although I've knocked a fair bit out of the way today, there's still a lot to do.

I did a homework assignment and a quiz for my Information Security class. Although not very difficult, those were time consuming and involved looking up a lot of facts. They made my brain tired. I texted my writing friend to complain, but she just told me to get to work and quit moping. It was good advice.

Then I started reading A Stone of Hope, which I have to read and write a paper on by Tuesday. I'm not worried too much, I started the last book the day before and still got done. Using online summaries, I wrote up a basic outline with some simple ideas for the paper. I'll flesh that out as I read, which will help because I can skim through a lot of the material.

I also learned Python today. And by that I mean I've never looked at the language before, and I am now nearly as competent in it as I am in C++. I picked it up in about six hours. I'm not some crazy fast learner, or anything, Python is just that awesome. It brings me back to my high school days, when I was first beginning to program, learning QBASIC and enjoying every minute of it. After a few hours of stressing out over all the work I need to do, it was an excellent way to relax.

The pressure is still on, but looking back at all I've done today, I feel confident that I'll be able to get everything done. Go me.

No comments:

Post a Comment