Saturday, November 20, 2010

Thirty-three Thousand

I like that alliteration. It's cool.

Ok, so it took me a day longer than I had planned. But I broke past thirty thousand. Then I pressed on for another three thousand words after that. I'm caught up with NaNo! Well... I'm three words behind, technically, but screw you, I'm caught up!

One of my writing friends challenged me to a word war last night. We're racing to see who can get ten thousand new words first. She got five thousand before she went to bed. I've just written seven thousand. She'll probably write the rest of hers before I even wake up tomorrow, but maybe, just maybe, I can win this thing.

The winner gets chocolate, so I'm super-motivated. I'm half tempted to press on and get the last three thousand right now, but I'm far too tired and my story has reach a sort of boring point where it just feels natural to stop and take a break. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment