Sunday, November 7, 2010

Twenty Thousand Words

It's the end of the first week of NaNoWriMo, and I've made it to twenty thousand words. Quite an accomplishment, and I've still got hours left to write tonight.

My goal for the evening is twenty-five thousand words, but I'll be content if I fall a couple of thousand words short of that goal. I was hoping to push for thirty thousand, but I've already lost the race to thirty thousand against my writing friend so I'm not really motivated enough to push myself that hard. Twenty-five thousand would be a fantastic finish to the first week, halfway to the ultimate goal in a quarter of the time.

Week two is the dreaded "why am I doing this" week, where productivity drops and motivation plummets. I think I'll be bothering several friends to do write-ins with me over the week, to keep me going.

Onward, to victory!

2 comments: